English for the Workplace Module 1
This Course Will Help You To
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Understand your personal learning style.
- Set your personal and professional language goals.
- Develop skills to help you improve your skills in the main skill areas of English.
- Write and edit professional reports and correspondence.
- Understand and correctly use inclusive language.
- Organize and write a presentation.
- Give a team presentation.
- Give and receive feedback.
Working in a second language can be a stressful, tiring experience. By identifying the ways, you learn and work best, this course will help you find ways to approach professional communication with confidence!
You will set and monitor your language goals, and learn about different types of professional writing. In addition, you will learn how to craft and organize a stellar presentation, blending professional jargon with common idioms to make you feel confident and comfortable.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 24 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 70
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes
Introduction, Learning Styles, and Goals
The 4 Skills & Ways to Acquire Them
Essential Skills for Engineers
Language Functions (Business Suasion)
Inclusive Language & Why it Matters
Emails, Numbers, and Idioms & Technical Writing and Documentation
Trends and Data & Presentation Preparations and Idioms
Writing a Presentation Introduction & Writing a Presentation Body
Writing a Presentation Conclusion and Feedback
Presenting as a Team and Organization & Presentations & Final Feedback