54 Easy Ways to Relax After WorkAugust 20, 2021 2021-08-25 9:49
54 Easy Ways to Relax After Work
54 Easy Ways to Relax After Work
Relaxing | Do you ever feel like a zombie after a long day at work? You feel so depleted and tired. You hardly have any energy left at all. The only thing you want to do is eat comfort food, pop open a brewski and watch television until bedtime.
We’ve all been there. Zoning out in front of the TV can be a great way to relax, but more often than not, it just makes you feel even more useless. Sitting immobile on the couch for extended periods of time can reinforce your own sense of helplessness and exhaustion, especially if it becomes your regular evening routine.
Although it can be difficult to rally enough energy after a tough day, sometimes the best thing you can do for yourself is to get off the couch, turn off the TV and find something better to do (sorry to sound so much like your mother, but she was right). If you’re drawing a blank on what else to do with your time, don’t worry. We’ve got a few ways to relax that will help you feel less like a soulless blob and more like a happy, fulfilled human being.
- Just go to sleep.
- Take a bath, soak in a hot tub, or relax in a steam room.
- Change into your comfiest clothes.
- Listen to soothing music.
- Cook one of your favorite recipes for dinner.
- Go for a walk in a park or take a short hike.
- Kick it up a notch and go for a run instead.
- Play a sport with friends like Frisbee golf, soccer or basketball.
- Try yoga or do some gentle stretches.
- Visit Oprah.com for guided meditation podcasts.
- Light scented candles.
- Look through old photo albums.
- Write in your journal, try art journaling, or make a collage.
- Trade massages with your partner.
- Knit, crochet or sew.
- Bake cupcakes or muffins.
- Go for a drive in the country.
- Play with your kids (if you are a parent).
- Escape into a great novel.
- Take a bike ride.
- Sing karaoke.
- Cuddle with your cat or play fetch with your dog.
- Relax by the pool with a magazine.
- Play tennis, racquetball or squash.
- Spend time gardening.
- Sit on your front porch and watch the world go by.
- Brainstorm your “bucket list.”
- De-clutter, clean, and make your living space as comfortable as possible.
- Start planning a vacation.
- Window shop in a new part of town.
- Play a musical instrument.
- Talk to your family.
- Invite a friend over to play video games.
- Go dancing.
- Play pool or shuffleboard.
- Swim laps.
- Build your own community with a blog, post everyday and tell people about your day!
- Take an art class or a pottery class.
- Bead a necklace with chunky gemstones.
- Get ahead of your schedules and make a Christmas gift for someone special.
- Write a letter or send a card…just because.
- Mail a bunch of photos of yourself to your grandparents or an elderly relative so they know what you’ve been up to.
- Make a cup of tea or warm up some hot apple cider.
- Enjoy some deep cleansing breaths.
- Sit quietly by the beach, a lake, or a creek and just stair at the beauty of nature.
- Savor a meal in a local café or pub.
- Make great plans for the weekend.
- Challenge a friend to a game of foosball or go bowling with them.
- Reconnect with a favorite childhood pastime, like LEGO or whatever!
- Volunteer at different kinds of activities.
- Call your funniest friend and hang out with them.
- Get your adrenaline pumping with a kickboxing or spinning class.
- Have a picnic with your loved ones.
- Watch the sunset.