Basic Gold Seal Certification GuideAugust 14, 2021 2021-08-25 13:36
Basic Gold Seal Certification Guide
Basic Gold Seal Certification Guide
What is Gold Seal Certification?
Gold Seal is a standard of excellence offered by the Canadian Construction Association (CCA), which establishes, manages and frequently upgrades national professional certification standards for construction management; accredits construction executive experts involved in the industrial, commercial, institutional and civil infrastructure sections against these national standards; AND promotes certified guidance, education and instructions for construction management practitioners.
Construction management professionals with Gold Seal Certification (GSC) have accomplished the highest standard of excellence in the industry, have validated industry experience and are greatly esteemed among professionals. Companies that hire GSC professionals are usually looked upon as leaders for their devotion to quality and perfection through education, training, and continues expansion of expertise field and skill advancement.
Professional Gold Seal Certification (P.GSC)
The P.GSC credential is the most professional type of Gold Seal Certification. It is a golden chance for those who already got Gold Seal Certification and are looking forward to further improve their competence, grasp new skills and earn extra validity in the industry. The P.GSC certification ensures that experienced accredited professionals manifest a biennial commitment to professional enhancement activities, community support, industry advocacy and continuation of construction management instruction.
Gold Seal Exam
The Gold Seal Certification program uses adult learning professionals, industry professionals and many groups of volunteer industry practitioners to define the knowledge, expertise, skills, qualities and abilities that construction professionals associating with Gold Seal designations have to possess. Use the official CCA competency self-assessment tool to examine yourself against the competencies tested in the exam as well as to find out advancement areas. GSC applicants must attach the completed document in their GSC application.
- The exam is held 4 times each year: in January, April, June and October.
- October 22, 2021 at noon Eastern time. Enroll by September 10, 2021. For new enrolled applicants and in-progress applicants, the deadline for GSC applications and final reviews is October 1, 2021. The last date for approved GSC applicants to choose this exam date is October 14, 2021 while those who were conditionally approved have until October 17, 2021 to waive their conditions.
- To write the exam, you must first enroll into the Gold Seal Certification program and be approved as a Gold Seal Intern (GSI). As a GSI, you have up to 5 years to meet the requirements, submit your GSC application and be approved to challenge the Gold Seal exam. Only those whose GSC application was approved will be invited to select their exam date.
- Note that the approved and conditionally approved applicants must challenge the Gold Seal exam within a year from the application approval date.
- You will be invited to an exam prep webinar about three weeks before the exam date.
- Two weeks before the exam, you will receive a reminder email of the upcoming exam, an email confirming the date, time and process for the exam. If you need to reschedule your exam, you can do so by filling out this form. If you fail to take the exam on the selected date, there is an administrative fee of $100 (plus applicable taxes).
- The login information for the exam platform will be sent the week of the exam. The exam will only be available a few minutes before noon. If you begin your exam before the scheduled start time (noon EST), your exam will be reset, and you will be required to begin again.
- The October 2021 exam will be written at the applicants’ home or office.
- Please be sure to review the exam support document before the exam date.
- The Estimator, Foreman, and Safety practitioner exams are each 3 hours in length, with 150 questions.
- The Owner’s construction manager, Project manager, and Superintendent exams are each 3.5 hours in length, with 180 questions.
- Passing mark is anything above 75 %. You will receive the exam results by email within two weeks. The results are final.
- If you passed, your certificate will be shipped within 4 – 6 weeks.
- If you fail the exam, you can book a re-write date using this form for $125. There is no limit to the number of times you can re-write the exam.
Official Gold Seal Preparation Webinar
Contact Gold Seal
Visit the Gold Seal Certification website for more information. If you do not find the answers you’re looking for, you can contact Gold Seal:
- By email at email@example.com
- By phone at 613-240-3933 or 613-983-9456